|Position: Mechanical Systems Design Engineer|
Location: Greensboro, NC
view all jobs
| ||Posted: 5/19/2021|
Design Engineer responsible for the conceptual design and production engineering of Aircraft Mechanical Systems. The candidate will be responsible for conceptual layout, detailed design and aircraft production & in-service design and modification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generates Engineering Models and Drawings utilizing CATIA Version 5.
- Performs trade studies to identify optimal engineering solution.
- Collaborates with the Integrated Product Team to resolve cross functional issues.
- Reviews work performed by others and ensure work is to the highest standard.
- Implements Industry best engineering practices (design for manufacturing, design for reliability and design for maintainability).
- Have the ability to understand and apply certification requirements.
- Implement design solutions optimized for cost and weight.
- Manages task execution to ensure on-time and on-target completion.
- Utilizes drafting and Geometrical Dimensioning &Tolerancing knowledge to optimize part design for cost and functionality.
- Searches for problem root cause and develop corrective action plans and solutions.
- Serves as a primary interface within the group to ensure effective communication, coordination, and timely completion of project milestones.
- Leads or participates in design / development reviews with management and internal customers. The candidate must have the ability to deliver technical presentations effectively to a diverse and demanding audience.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering with 10-15 years directly related experience
- OR MS / MBA with 8-13 years of experience
- OR 18-23 years directly related experience
- Some Travel will be required
- Proficient in use of CATIA Version 5.
- Advanced knowledge of drafting rules.
- Advanced knowledge of Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products.
- Use of Team Center.
- Familiar with FAR Part 23 or Part 25.
- Functional knowledge of SAP.
- Incumbents may be routinely exposed to equipment operational noise heat-cold-dust, and/or aircraft equipment, parts, or fuel odors.
- Incumbents may be required to stand, sit, squat, walk, bend, climb ladders, move, reach, or stretch for prolonged time periods with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Work in a safe and professional manner while adhering to all regulatory requirements (FAA, OSHA, DOT, EPA, State, and Federal regulations, etc.).
- Read, hear, speak, and see with no restrictions, as required by job duties.
- Comprehend and adhere to management directions and/or safety instructions with no restrictions.
- Effectively communicate in Business English language.
- Pull, push, carry, lift, or move items up to 10 lbs. throughout the work shift without assistance, as required by job duties.
- Pull, push, carry, lift or move materials/people/items/equipment weighing up to 50lbs or more during the work shift, with the use of Company provided “reach assistance technology” or “movement assist technology” (fork-lifts, pallet jacks, pulleys, dolly’s, robotics reach equipment, people movers etc.), as required by job duties.
North American HQ for Honda Jet Aircraft.
Ref No. 2130032333