Location: Greensboro, NC
view all jobs
| ||Posted: 2/11/2021|
- Cleans, preps, masks, and sprays aircraft surface and/or subassembly parts for the paint process. Assures each step meets prescribed specifications and quality standards
- Applies masking procedures and masking prep for landing gear and training plates and/or aircraft parts.
- Exercises proper paint prep care around windows, sanding, etc,
- Prepares paint surface for proper paint thickness/even coating to ensue that final gloss finish is blemish free. Alerts management of any misalignment with specifications
- Applies primers and chemical conversion coats to prepare aircraft aluminum surface to have paint adhere and to prevent corrosion.
- Primes, paints Fasteners and Pin holes.
- Maintains paint gun pressure pots and additional spray equipment and executes proper usage. 7,
Prepares and primes application of aircraft parts and skins and aircraft mockup used for aircraft display shows.
After completion of primer, clears any spots and defects, and applies touchup if required. Inspects base color coat before applying metallic clear color application.
- Applies topcoat.
- Buffs and polishes for final finish using proper abrasives.
- Removes pull tapes and masking tape material after paint prep stage is completed.
- Inspects aircraft for any defects, discoloration, spots and touchup as needed
- Maintains a clean and organized work area.
- Implements and consistently follows the 5s program (Sort, Systematize, Shine, Standardize, Sustain) which includes cleaning up as one works, cleaning work station at end of day. Conducts work area deep cleaning on designated specialty dates./>
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- 4+ years Paint experience on any type of aircraft, corporate is preferred.
- A&P preferred.
North American HQ for Honda Jet Aircraft.
Ref No. 2130031755